Rogue One: A Star Wars Story Trailer #2 Review


Right Away I can already tell a shift in tone with this movie. The previous trailers showed off a less hopeful vibe to the entire movie, especially with the main lead, Jynn Erso. 

I don't think the whole save the father plot was originally planned and that it was added in to the movie during the reshoots this summer. The interesting thing is I do kinda of like this trailer a bit more than the previous two. Something about it felt a bit more Star Wars to me than the other trailers that focused so much on just showing off "things" in Star Wars movies. 

My big worry still, is the fallout from the reshoots. Reshoots in modern movies aren't the same standard reshoots from the past. While many will make it seem like this happens to all movies all the time (which isn't totally true), movies today get reshoots purely for marketing and based of of audience reaction. As a result we have gotten more and more movies that feel tonally inconsistent and feel as if this movies were made by a machine calculating numbers.  

This trailer was a an improvement and actually gets me interested in see the movie now. The previous two trailers didn't do much for me and I even mentioned how I probably wasn't even going to see this movie. Now that just might change. 

If this movies does one thing that I hope it gets right is focusing on the new characters and the dynamic they have, if they have one at all.  I think if the film makes it more about the group instead of the "chosen one's" story than this could end up being a great addition to Star Wars. 

Rating: 









SHARE ON:

Like to talk about movies. Reviewing any movie I see or find interesting enough to talk about. Follow me on any of the Social Networks down Below.

    Blogger Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment