Is Connecting Star Wars Rebels In Future Movies A Good Idea?



In recent news, there has been some hints at the possibility of future Star Wars Rebels seasons being tied into the films much more than there already are. Is this a good thing? Well not totally. I do think this will become more prevalent in anything Star Wars related in the future as it seems that Disney is really serious about connecting everything that is apart of this universe. I like the idea of connecting everything but I don't like the idea of crossing over everything, what do I mean?

Star Wars Rebels is a good show on its own. In fact I would say that the show gets better and better I look at it through the perspective that this is not connected to the movies but other animated shows like The Clones Wars and the books based off of the show it self. To me this should be its own universe that can build upon it self instead of having to shove in references and characters that we are already familiar with just to throw them in. 

I am interested in seeing the direction they take this show and how they continue to grow these characters. I don't however want to see them put in a live action movie where they would obvious cast a different actor and most likely have to change the character to fit the tone of what ever the film calls for. On top of that there is also another problem that is becoming more noticeable with the modern era of Star Wars. That is the large universe that seems to be getting smaller and smaller. 

No longer are we getting stories that take place in the galaxy else where or exploring a side or background character and expanding their story. Now we just focus on the main plot. The plot that we know the ending too and we know the back story too. It just feels very limiting to the stories they can tell by having so much be connected to the movies. Before everything was canon we got stories like Dark Forces and The Force Unleashed that connected to the main story but also took them in  a different direction and most importantly focused on taking their characters in their own direction. 

I still don't see how this canon thing can work going forward, especially when there is just so much material coming out and much more to come. This will only lead to them quitting or worse, rebooting the universe and starting over from scratch. So is connecting Star Wars Rebels to films a good idea? Well it really is a "We will see" scenario here. On one hand I like to see great stories be connected but at the same time, I think that stories should stand on their own in their own mediums that they were presented on.

Maybe my mind will change but at the moment It just leaves me skeptical. 

SHARE ON:

Like to talk about movies. Reviewing any movie I see or find interesting enough to talk about. Follow me on any of the Social Networks down Below.

    Blogger Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment