Space Cop (2016) Movie Review




1h 42min

Genre: Action, Comedy, Sci-F

Directors: Jay Bauman, Mike Stoklasa
Writer: Mike Stoklasa

Stars: Rich Evans, Mike Stoklasa, Jay Bauman

Plot: Space Cop is the story of a cop from the future of space who travels back in time to the present and is teamed up with a cop from the past who is unfrozen in the present. Together, they must defeat evil aliens with a sinister plan. 


I didn't realize until watching the movie of how much it parodies Samurai Cop. You won't have to pay much attention to notice the subtle references both in the dialogue and the visuals. Even to go so far as to recreate similar shots as well as the overall look and the way it was presented.

Space Cop himself was just a bit to in the middle in terms of personality. At times he is really serious and other he tries to be funny. For the most part he is just a guy who doesn't care about anything. I just think it doesn't work all the well for the most part. Because of that, the movie lacks a lot of drive. The characters should have been more exaggerated and flashy.

Detective Ted Cooper, Space Cop's partner,was a nice contrast to him, but I felt he was just a bit too over the top. I would've like to have seen more of a contrast between them so they could have a good dynamic. We never really see them work together in the way that would be interesting. The effects were very well down, I like some the of alien designs and effects used on them.

I can see a lot of people not liking this. There are so many inside jokes and references that only fans of Redlettermedia who have kept up with all the videos, jokes, and other projects they've made in the past could understand. But overall, I did enjoy it for the one watch I had with it. I hope that what ever the next film Redlettermedia makes is something that stands on its own more and doesn't rely so much on parodying a older film. 

Rating: 







SHARE ON:

Like to talk about movies. Reviewing any movie I see or find interesting enough to talk about. Follow me on any of the Social Networks down Below.

    Blogger Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment