Rogue One: A Star Wars Story Trailer Review


I don't think this trailer has impressed me as much as it has everyone else. I thought it was fine but there is one looming element that seems to be consistent with this film.

That is, nothing feels new. Nothing is surprising. Just on the trailer alone there wasn't any specific moment or shot that made me get excited that hasn't already been shown in previous trailers. The Darth Vader shot was nice. But I've seen Darth Vader plenty of times. I can't get excited for the return of Darth Vader when Darth Vader never really left...

One noticeable problem with some of the scenes shown was the poor use of CGI. I can only assume its from the reshoots that have been going on the past few months for the film but the CGI just didn't connect well with different shots with great CGI. Hopefully it will look better in the final release but who knows. 

I thought the music was just okay. I would've liked the film having its own score instead of just redoing the John Williams themes but clearly not having him compose them. Which can also go along with how the movie looks in terms of cinematography. It very clearly has the modern movie look to it, but does that belong in Star Wars? I just wish there was a bit more style to it, something that reflects the director or cinematographer shooting it.

It does seem like all the side characters are far more interesting then the lead of the film which is concerning. Of course it depends on how the story is told as sometimes it is better to have a more toned down protagonist as they are much more as a vessel for the audience to get into this world. 

I can't say that trailer got me excited but who knows, that could be a good thing when the movie arrives.

 

SHARE ON:

Like to talk about movies. Reviewing any movie I see or find interesting enough to talk about. Follow me on any of the Social Networks down Below.

    Blogger Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment