The Saturation of Star Wars Has Begun - LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures Animated Series Announced!


I have been a fan of the LEGO franchise from the great games and even a great animated movie that came out a couple of years ago. The LEGO Star Wars games were also a nice addition because you were actually able to play through the entire saga in LEGO form. When Disney purchased Star Wars we all knew that at some point, they had plans to market Star Wars ten fold than what was previous. I have a feeling that the announcement of this knew TV Show will be the start of the saturation that I was worried about. I just keep asking myself "Was anyone asking for this??".

The show will air on Disney XD this summer and will take place between The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi (because, canon.). It will focus on new characters and villains and follow them as they take on the Empire and try to restore peace to the galaxy... All in LEGO form. 

“With The Freemaker Adventures we are thrilled to bring all-new stories to life that could only be realized in the LEGO Star Wars universe,” said Carrie Beck, vice president, animation development at Lucasfilm. “We are embarking on an unprecedented collaboration that will allow us to extend the narrative experience of the Star Wars saga with the same playful spirit that’s always made LEGO Star Wars so much fun to watch. We are so thankful to have such great partners in the LEGO Group, Disney XD, and series developers Bill Motz and Bob Roth.”

I am sure the show will be entertaining because, Star Wars, but I can't help but feel that this is really unnecessary in the overall story. There have been LEGO Star Wars shows in the past but what never bothered me about those is the fact that they were just spinoffs. This time everything that happens in this show will affect the movies, comics, other TV Shows, and the story much more than before. 

The question as of right now is, Will anyone be watching this show when it airs? I know for me I will check it out to give it a chance, but I can't say that I am looking forward to it. But who knows, Rebels has gotten good in its Second season so maybe this one can be good too.

Check Out the Poster Here:

Source: starwars

SHARE ON:

Like to talk about movies. Reviewing any movie I see or find interesting enough to talk about. Follow me on any of the Social Networks down Below.

    Blogger Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment